The Home Buying Process
The Home Buying Process
Buying a home is complex, complicated, and yes, can even be discouraging at times, there’s no doubt about that. To buyers, it may seem there are many things that need to come together perfectly to pull off a successful transaction. However, by taking one step at a time with Scott’s expert guidance, the process becomes inherently more manageable, seamless, and enjoyable. We strive to help our clients focus on the big picture, rather than getting bogged down by details – because the details are what we do best!
Scott has truly seen it all, and there are not many challenges that come along that cannot be solved using his proven combination of business acumen and real estate expertise. Whether this is your first time buying a home or your 10th time, when you place your trust in the Scott Smolen Team, you can rest assured that your home purchase is the hands of one of the top Realtors in Maryland.
We’re here for you from consultation to closing – and beyond. Take a look at how the process works when you choose to partner with Scott Smolen.
1. Needs Assessment
The process begins with a comprehensive needs assessment, in which we gather information to truly understand what our buyers want in a home, from size, to amenities, to location, and more. We encourage full collaboration that allows clients to participate in their own path to home ownership, and we’ll use our knowledge of the industry to create a customized approach for every client based on their needs, their budget, and the current state of the market.
During the initial needs assessment, we will:
· Analyze your specific home needs and requirements
· Discuss current market trends
· Develop a search plan based on timing and other factors
2. Property Selection
This is where we begin to put our plan into action, as we gather listings that are a good fit for your needs and work to schedule showings. We’ll perform an exhaustive search using our extensive connections and industry resources, and we are often able to present options that have not been officially listed on the MLS, which gives our buyers a competitive advantage on viewing a hot property.
During this stage, we will:
· Set up a daily “listing alert” filtered by your specific search criteria, giving you instant notifications of new properties via email
· Use our professional resources to present a combination of listed and unlisted homes
· Perform research on new home construction projects that may fit your needs and budget
· Arrange for interior access to every home you’d like to view
3. Viewing Properties
We’ll accompany you on every showing within your search area that has a possibility to become your forever home. We’ll answer questions that come up onsite, and help you select a property that has the features, amenities, location, and neighborhood that you’re looking for, while also adhering to your budget.
Sometimes you may find your dream home on day one. Sometimes it takes many months. The Scott Smolen Team is patient and values open communication, and we will never rush you into making a decision. We want you to love your home as much as you do!
At this stage of the process, we will:
· Provide objective information and honest property evaluations
· Schedule on-site representation for new communities
· Conduct pre-sale analysis
· Keep you apprised of evolving financial markets, interest rates, and loan opportunities
· Work around your schedule with possible weekend and evening showings if required
Once you’ve decided to submit an offer for your dream home, we’ll immediately get to work to leverage your power as a buyer to ensure you receive the best contract terms based on the current housing market. Armed with our extensive knowledge of the local market, comparable home sales, and results from the home inspection, we’ll use our savvy negotiating skills to close the deal with a purchase at the best price possible.
· Prepare thorough market analyses for all homes of interest
· Develop a personalized buyer’s strategy for presentation success
· Maintain confidentiality of buyer’s information
· Suggest protective contract clauses
· Use the latest in modern technology to execute the offer process quickly and efficiently, including the use of digital signatures
5. Follow Through
We will remain responsive and available as we move toward the final stages of the purchase process. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with every client that remain well beyond closing day, and we consistently operate with the highest standards of customer service and attention to detail.
After many years in the industry, we’ve built up a solid network of service providers, contractors, landscapers, and other professionals that serve homeowners to our standard of quality, and we are always here to recommend the best in the business to our happy new homeowners.
During the final stage, we will:
· Provide professional closing advice and reputable settlement company information
· Recommend the best home inspectors, and attend inspections
· Define property encumbrances
· Provide a list of area home service providers
· Attend settlement